SAVE Referral Process
SAVE Procedures for IEP Teams
Identification of a potential SAVE candidate should take place, at a minimum, during the junior year. The transition discussion should begin as early as age 14. Referral to the SAVE program is a team decision and not an individual recommendation.
Transition needs are identified by the IEP team and reflected on the IEP.
The IEP should include the following information:
- Vocational Rehabilitation information
- ACCUPLACER or ACT scores
- Transition goals/needs
- Health issues, if applicable
- Behavior issues, if applicable
- Post-secondary expectations for living
- Post-secondary expectations for learning
- Post-secondary expectations for working
- SAVE program has been identified as a 4+ service that may meet with student’s unmet transition needs.