Child Care Club
All students enrolled in the Child Care & Early Childhood Education Programs at Iowa Lakes Community College are considered members of the Child Care Club.
The club meets at least monthly during the Child Care Professionals and Early Childhood Professionals Classes from 3:00-3:55 p.m. on Wednesdays.
The club members elect a President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
Each student is a member of one of the four standing committees: social, ways & means, education, and service.
Meetings are conducted with standard parliamentary procedure.
- worked at the Italian Buffet Fundraiser
- designed & sold t-shirts
- sold & delivered singing valentines
- sold chocolates & butter braid
- participated as actors & cookie providers for the Palo Alto County Conservation Halloween Hike
- provided child care during Head Start Parent Meetings
- volunteered weekly at the Campus Head Start
- planned & displayed a Red Ribbon Week bulletin board
- made & donated 30 patriotic pillows for individuals in the military
- gathered & donated goods to UDMO food pantry
- gathered & donated hats & gloves to UDMO
- planned & participated in Week of the Young Child activities: such as read stories in 6 classrooms, made and distributed brochures about literacy, displayed children's artwork in Iowa Lakes Community College hallways, prepared a bulletin board & flyers for Week of the Young Child and had the mayor sign a proclamation