Volleyball / Housing Graduate Assistant
- Part Time
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: This part time position will assist the Head Volleyball Coach and Housing Department with day to day operations working 27.5 hours per week. Position located on the Estherville Campus. Applicant must be expected to enroll in a Master’s Degree Program at their own expense.
DEPARTMENT: Athletics / Housing
REPORT TO: Head Volleyball Coach / Housing Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (% of TIME)
- Assist the head volleyball coach in the day to day operations of the volleyball program.
- Assist in the recruitment of student athletes.
- Assist in the academic monitoring and success of student athletes.
- Housing Assistant – Live on campus.
- Responsible for dorm supervision and housing office hours.
- Maintain volleyball program’s social media accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Evaluate athlete’s strengths and deficiencies as possible recruits or to improve the athlete’s techniques to be competitive.
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of team members; ensuring a full roster of student athletes.
- Assist in the maintenance of program budget.
- Ability to participate in practice when needed by head coach.
- Assist in the monitoring of compliance with NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Transportation of student athletes as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, prospective, former and current students, and the community.
- Assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, colleagues, staff, administrators and the general public.
- Possess skills in: reading, writing; listening and comprehending.
- Possess the ability to access, input and retrieve information from the computer.
- Possess the ability to work as a team member with other employees.
- Possess the ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communication.
- Possess the ability to effectively relate to a diverse group of students.
- Exhibit professionalism during competitive or stressful situations.
- Possess the ability to maintain a flexible schedule for home and away meets.
- Possess the ability to run practices effectively and independently when necessary.
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Coaching position involves wide range of motion requirements to demonstrate and teach different techniques to student athletes. Constant (67-100%) reaching, standing, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions and viewing various types of close visual work. Frequent (34-66%) stooping, crouching, pushing, pulling and carrying. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and 10 pounds of force frequently. Must complete Bloodborne Pathogens Training. Will require flexible hours including weekends and evenings. The additional physical demands normally expected of a coach are required. Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance. Required to travel utilizing personal vehicle. Ability to obtain CDL.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check. Testing for alcohol and drugs will be conducted.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required. College volleyball and / or coaching experience preferred.
SALARY: $7,150 Annual Stipend plus Room and Board
The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- A copy of transcripts, with originals due upon hiring
Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy. Position open until filled; review of applications will begin immediately.
Application: Employment Application
(Save document to your computer and fill in application. Re-save completed application and email as an attachment to Lynn Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also print out the completed form and mail it to Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.) ***
*** NOTE: Applications must be complete, including Employment Application Form, Applicant Confidential Information Form, Letter Addressing Qualifications, Resume and Transcripts (if required). See individual job descriptions for instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions and requests regarding application: Lynn Miller at 712-362-0409 or email@example.com
It is the policy of Iowa Lakes Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Kathy Muller, Equity & Title IX Coordinator, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334, 712.362.0433, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576.