Part-Time Printing Services/Marketing Assistant
- Part Time
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: This is a part time position (25 hours per week) located on the Estherville Campus. The ideal applicant will be customer-focused, have a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects. Under limited supervision, employee receives printing orders from a wide array of stakeholders. Print quantity requested to stock specifications, colors and other special printing instructions using various printing and finishing devices. Computes costs for customer billing and ensures delivery of order. This position will also assist with the creation and distribution of press releases.
REPORT TO: Executive Director of Marketing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (% of TIME)
- Operate various printing devices to produce a quality finished products.
- Operate related printing & finishing equipment – paper cutter, collator, paper punch, binder, etc.
- Write and distribute Press Releases and monitor college’s social media and recommend changes/improvements.
- Maintain equipment in proper working order and keep production area clean.
- Complete costing of customer orders and prepare billing statements.
- Order paper, ink, and other supplies as needed. Process billing of those supplies and forward to college financial department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with faculty, students, staff and the general public while representing the College in a positive manner.
- Ability to input and retrieve information from personal computer system utilizing Adobe and Microsoft software.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform all steps in producing & finishing printed products.
- Ability to assume responsibility for printing operations, deal effectively with problems and exercise independent judgment in making decisions. Ability to prioritize projects based on deadlines.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Write Press Releases and communicate with media.
- Possess knowledge of new and emerging technologies related to printing, graphic arts and social media.
- Assists in monitoring user comments on Social Media platforms during times when printing schedule allows. Share relevant information with appropriate individuals. Coordinate with stakeholders from across the college to ensure appropriate follow-up.
- Coordinate with marketing team on digital initiatives and promotion strategies through social media.
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Position involves light to medium work. Standing much of the time with some times sitting at a table; exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently (34-66%) or up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%) to position paper stock, equipment and finished products; frequent (34-66%) standing, walking, sitting, lifting, reaching, carrying, talking, and hearing; constant (67-100%) viewing a computer monitor, preparing and operating printing equipment. Individual must have reliable color vision. Occasional (10-33%) stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions of job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Diploma or Associate Degree in related area and three years’ experience preferred. Experience in desktop publishing and using Adobe Creative Suite would be extremely beneficial. In Design, Photoshop, Word, Excel and Publisher helpful. NCRC preferred.
FRINGE BENEFITS: Vacation, holidays and sick leave based on part-time employment.
APPLICATION PROCESS: The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- Specify knowledge and use of computer software programs
Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy. Review of applications will begin October 21, 2019.
Application: Employment Application
(Save document to your computer and fill in application. Re-save completed application and email as an attachment to Amanda Fuhrman at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also print out the completed form and mail it to Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.) ***
*** NOTE: Applications must be complete, including Employment Application Form, Applicant Confidential Information Form, Letter Addressing Qualifications, Resume and Transcripts (if required). See individual job descriptions for instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions and requests regarding application: Amanda Fuhrman at 712-362-0409 or email@example.com
It is the policy of Iowa Lakes Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Kathy Muller, Equity & Title IX Coordinator, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334, 712.362.0433, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576.