On-Call Campus Store Clerk
- Part Time
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: This is a part-time, on-call/substitute position located at either the Emmetsburg or Estherville Campus. Position is primarily to substitute for regular employees on leave and for additional help during busy registration periods. Hours are irregular. Primary duties include secretarial, clerical and customer service. A sincere commitment to customer service is a necessity.
DEPARTMENT: Campus Store
REPORT TO: Campus Store Coordinator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (% OF TIME)
- Assist in various general office duties in the Campus Store.
- Perform secretarial and clerical tasks of word processing, filing, etc.
- Monitor bookstore vouchers for student purchases.
- Assist students with textbook purchases and special orders.
- Charge student accounts for financial aid vouchers.
- Balance cash registers and input into software system when necessary.
- Verify accuracy of shelf/retail prices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic in performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, students, visitors, and the general public.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures, telephone techniques and office equipment, as well as, correct English usage, grammar, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communication.
- Ability to efficiently perform tasks in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Medium work. Position involves sitting and standing; exerting up to 50 pounds of force frequently (34-66%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, and carrying, occasionally (10-33%). Walking, lifting, and grasping frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing, viewing various types of close visual work, and repetitive motion, constantly (67-100%). May be required to travel utilizing personal vehicle. Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalency required. Good computer skills in word processing and spreadsheets required.
APPLICATION PROCESS: The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Application: Employment Application
(Save document to your computer and fill in application. Re-save completed application and email as an attachment to Lynn Miller at email@example.com. You may also print out the completed form and mail it to Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.) ***
*** NOTE: Applications must be complete, including Employment Application Form, Applicant Confidential Information Form, Letter Addressing Qualifications, Resume and Transcripts (if required). See individual job descriptions for instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions and requests regarding application: Lynn Miller at 712-362-0409 or firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of Iowa Lakes Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Kathy Muller, Equity & Title IX Coordinator, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334, 712.362.0433, email@example.com, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576.