Head eSports Coach
- Part Time
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: This part-time Head eSports Coach is responsible for developing and launching the varsity eSports program at Iowa Lakes Community College. This individual will be responsible for recruiting students to participate on the team, as well as coaching and providing strategy for the team. This individual will be responsible for administering all aspects of the eSports program including: recruiting, scouting, game and practice preparation, monitoring academic progress of student-athletes, public relations efforts, budget operations, team travel arrangements and fundraising activities.
CLASSIFICATION: Professional Support
REPORT TO: Athletic Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (% of TIME)
- Identify, evaluate and recruit potential students for the eSports team.
- Coordinate practice times and provide strategy and coaching to team members.
- Scheduling of scrimmages and matches against other eSports teams.
- Create and maintain an accurate roster logging all contacts with prospective students.
- Coordinate off season activities.
- Travel extensively to recruit and grow the roster size.
- Collaborate as part of the team responsible for recruiting student-athletes to Iowa Lakes.
- Manage, direct and supervise activities and personnel associated with eSports including recruitment and preparation of student-athletes for intercollegiate competition.
- Monitor and nurture student-athletes’ academic progress at the college and assist with placement at four-year colleges and universities.
- Comply with NJCAA and ICCAC regulations.
- Communicate effectively with staff and students.
- Promote fundraising activities within the eSports program, as well as the athletic department.
- Meet with team members, as necessary, to resolve conflicts.
- Assure adherence to all Iowa Lakes Community College policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain schedules associated with eSports.
- Create, monitor, and adhere to approved eSports budgets.
- Serve on assigned and voluntary committees.
- Participate in all required professional development activities.
- Supervise the operation, maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities for eSports. Recommend required equipment, facilities, and other needs in order to have a competitive eSports team.
- Provide required updates and reports to the athletic director.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of competitive gaming and eSports is required.
- Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, students, visitors and the general public.
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic in performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgement when making decisions.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and communicate effectively.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to function under limited supervision.
- Ability to work with a diverse community of students, faculty, administrators, and professional colleagues.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures, telephone techniques and office equipment, as well as correct English usage, grammar, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communications.
- Ability to efficiently perform tasks in an environment of frequent interruptions.
- Ability to instruct, manage and mentor student-athletes.
- Ability to recruit effectively and field a large team required.
Light to medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling and carrying frequently (34-66%). Walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing and viewing various types of close visual work on computers constantly (67-100%). Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance. Required to travel utilizing personal vehicle. Ability to work some nights and weekends is required.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in related area required; Master’s Degree preferred. Must possess excellent people skills and a thorough understanding of Iowa Lakes Community College and our role in the state educational system. Must possess extensive computer/gaming knowledge, as well as have some experience in these areas. Coaching, recruiting and student personnel experience at the college level preferred. Experience recruiting high school or college students preferred.
FRINGE BENEFITS: Employee retirement plan.
The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- A copy of transcripts, with originals due upon hiring
Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy. Position open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Application: Employment Application
(Save document to your computer and fill in application. Re-save completed application and email as an attachment to Lynn Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also print out the completed form and mail it to Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.) ***
*** NOTE: Applications must be complete, including Employment Application Form, Applicant Confidential Information Form, Letter Addressing Qualifications, Resume and Transcripts (if required). See individual job descriptions for instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions and requests regarding application: Lynn Miller at 712-362-0409 or email@example.com
It is the policy of Iowa Lakes Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Kathy Muller, Equity & Title IX Coordinator, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334, 712.362.0433, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576.