- Part Time
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: This is a part-time 27.5 hours per week, afternoon/early evening position located on the Emmetsburg Campus. Primary responsibilities are to plan, prepare and serve main course meals for students, staff and special events including occasional weekends. A sincere commitment to customer service is necessary.
DEPARTMENT: Food Service
REPORT TO: Food Service Coordinator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (% of TIME)
- Plan, prepare and serve main course meals for student, staff and special events in a safe, sanitary, enjoyable manner.
- Bakes, roasts, broils and steams meats, vegetables and other foods, utilizing ovens, fryers, roasters, grills, stoves, cutting utensils, grinders, mixers, blenders, etc.
- Reads menu to estimate food requirements for meals and ensures sufficient quantities are available.
- Serve high quality and nutritious meals.
- Ensure that tasks are completed in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Clean cooking utensils, scrub floors, clean equipment or wash dishes.
- Serves food in cafeteria line as needed.
- Report equipment maintenance needs to supervisor.
- May run cash register as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Be willing and able to represent the College in the most positive manner with students, staff and the public.
- Must be an enthusiastic and energetic individual with the ability to meet and deal effectively and courteously with students, staff and the public.
- Ability to assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions and to verbally issue directions.
- Ability to coordinate other workers in a positive and effective manner.
- Ability to use common tools/equipment in food service area: stoves, refrigerators, freezers, grills, blenders, mixers, food preparation utensils, cash register, and other common items.
- Familiarity with sanitation and safety procedures common to food service areas and ability to implement same.
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Light to medium work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally. Position involves standing most of the time but also includes: stooping, reaching, handling, talking, hearing, testing, smelling, pushing, pulling, carrying and repetitive motion frequently; and balancing, climbing, feeling, fingering occasionally. Subject to cleaning detergents, odor and fumes and inside conditions of heat and humidity. May be required to travel utilizing personal vehicle. Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalency required. Quantity cooking experience preferred.
SALARY: $12.40/hour plus $.35 differential after 5:00 p.m.
FRINGE BENEFITS: Paid sick leave, vacation and holidays. Employee retirement plan.
APPLICATION PROCESS: The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- A copy of transcripts, with originals due upon hiring
Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy. Position open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Application: Employment Application
(Save document to your computer and fill in application. Re-save completed application and email as an attachment to Lynn Miller at email@example.com. You may also print out the completed form and mail it to Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.) ***
*** NOTE: Applications must be complete, including Employment Application Form, Applicant Confidential Information Form, Letter Addressing Qualifications, Resume and Transcripts (if required). See individual job descriptions for instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions and requests regarding application: Lynn Miller at 712-362-0409 or firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of Iowa Lakes Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Kathy Muller, Equity & Title IX Coordinator, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334, 712.362.0433, email@example.com, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576.