Continuing Education Energy Instructor
- Full Time
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: This is a full-time position in the Continuing Education Department of Iowa Lakes Community College, located at the Sustainable Energy Resource & Technology Center, Estherville Campus. Primary duties are to schedule and teach Global Wind Organization (Working at Heights) Certification programs and other related certification courses. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and work with minimal supervision. In addition, this position may require some evening and weekend hours, and occasional overnight travel.
CLASSIFICATION: Professional Support B
DEPARTMENT: Continuing Education
REPORT TO: Community & Business Relations Energy Programmer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (% of TIME)
- Instruct GWO and other related, existing courses.
- Maintain appropriate records for students and other agencies.
- Assist with marketing training opportunities directly to companies and secure registrations.
- Perform routine maintenance for program equipment.
- Utilize existing curriculum.
- Issue certificates of completion and other documents as necessary to document training.
- Maintain ongoing communications with other areas of continuing education to ensure efficient coordination of similar training.
- Explore other seminar, short-term training opportunities for professionals in the Energy Sector.
- Attend and participate in Sector Board meetings.
- Attend industry-related conferences for professional development and business recruitment.
- Provide instructor orientation to Continuing Education registration software.
- Participate on assigned and voluntary community, college, and state committees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Assume responsibility and deal effectively with the Global Wind Organization in all levels of training.
- Coordinate specialized training in Energy sector.
- Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, students, visitors, and the general public.
- Assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgement when making decisions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, staff, administrators and other contacts.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written communication.
- Possess strong human relation skills and the ability to effectively relate to diverse personalities.
- Be a creative, energetic and self-motivated individual with leadership and organization skills.
- Have a working knowledge of personal computer and educational media equipment.
- Make public presentations that are effective and well received and consult students and consumers on educational regulations and standards.
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Position involves sitting or standing most of the time; exerting up to 100 pounds of force, stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, and carrying occasionally (10-33%). Reaching, standing, walking, lifting, grasping, repetitive motion and exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing and viewing various types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance. Required to travel utilizing personal vehicle.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s Degree in Wind Energy, Electrical Technology or related field or minimum of three years’ experience in the energy sector required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Instructional experience is beneficial.
FRINGE BENEFITS: Paid medical leave, vacation and holidays. Employee health, dental and vision insurance. Partially funded family insurance available. Employee life and disability insurance. Retirement package.
APPLICATION PROCESS: The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- A copy of transcripts, with originals due upon hiring
Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Application: Employment Application
(Save document to your computer and fill in application. Re-save completed application and email as an attachment to Lynn Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also print out the completed form and mail it to Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.) ***
*** NOTE: Applications must be complete, including Employment Application Form, Applicant Confidential Information Form, Letter Addressing Qualifications, Resume and Transcripts (if required). See individual job descriptions for instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions and requests regarding application: Lynn Miller at 712-362-0409 or email@example.com
It is the policy of Iowa Lakes Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Kathy Muller, Equity & Title IX Coordinator, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334, 712.362.0433, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576.