Compliance & Grant Writer
- Full Time
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: This is a full-time position located in the administrative offices of Iowa Lakes Community College in Estherville, Iowa. Primary responsibilities are to write and oversee assigned grant projects and management of our compliance documentation. Position requires someone with very strong writing, data administration, and record keeping skills. Must have the ability to perform multiple tasks in an environment of frequent interruptions.
CLASSIFICATION: Professional Support B
DEPARTMENT: Planning and Development
REPORT TO: Vice President of Administration
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (% of TIME)
- Coordinate the development, maintenance and submission of compliance documentation and records as assigned.
- Research, write, and complete various grant applications as assigned.
- Coordinate data management to completed required submissions internally and to external agencies as assigned.
- Assist with annual student assessment process, including report development and distribution.
- Assist staff members throughout the college with grant writing and preparation, compliance and reporting.
- Provide technical assistance and support to other personnel as assigned.
- Assist departments in obtaining data and timely completion of reports and informational requests made by the State of Iowa, U.S. Department of Education, Higher Learning Commission, and other agencies.
- Act as project manager for grant projects as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Manage databases for selective grants to facilitate required reports and surveys.
- Support Planning and Development staff with the submission process (surface mail and/or electronic for all grant, survey and assessment activities).
- Perform other special projects and duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Provide data support for other Planning & Development staff.
- Serve on assigned and voluntary committees of the college.
- Travel, as required, to regional, state, and national meetings or conferences.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Computer literacy: understanding of and ability to utilize a personal computer, multiple software programs, with a skill level to create functions, calculations, pivot tables and various data features.
- Possesses excellent quantitative, analytical and communicative skills. Maintains attention to detail, accuracy and documentation.
- Experience writing proposals/reports to federal, state and private agencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge with data extraction reporting tools relating to Ellucian Colleague and other data systems, ability to summarize it as needed for data reports, research projects, and data requests.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instruction or communication.
- Ability to efficiently plan, organize and manage time; work collaboratively as well as independently, while responding in a timely manner to requests which require flexibility and prioritization skills.
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Sedentary to light work. Position involves sitting most of the time; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, carrying occasionally (10-33%). Walking, lifting, and grasping frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing, viewing various types of close visual work, and repetitive motion constantly (67-100%). May be required to travel utilizing personal vehicle. Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required in related field. Master’s degree preferred. Demonstrated understanding of data management required. Two or more years of experience collecting, interpreting data or research related work preferred. Demonstrate ability to write quality reports, grants and/or publications required. Experience level that allows for establishment of an acceptable portfolio of superb writing examples preferred. Experience with writing and submission of specialized, state and federal accreditation documents preferred. Organization, comprehensive document oversight, relationship building, data management, report writing and communication skills are essential.
FRINGE BENEFITS: Paid medical leave, vacation and holidays. Employee health, dental and vision insurance. Employee life and disability insurance. Partially funded family health, dental and vision insurance available.
APPLICATION PROCESS: The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
Review of applications will begin by October 1, 2019.
Application: Employment Application
(Save document to your computer and fill in application. Re-save completed application and email as an attachment to Amanda Fuhrman at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also print out the completed form and mail it to Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.) ***
*** NOTE: Applications must be complete, including Employment Application Form, Applicant Confidential Information Form, Letter Addressing Qualifications, Resume and Transcripts (if required). See individual job descriptions for instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions and requests regarding application: Amanda Fuhrman at 712-362-0409 or email@example.com
It is the policy of Iowa Lakes Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Kathy Muller, Equity & Title IX Coordinator, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334, 712.362.0433, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576.