Assistant to the Campus Supervisor
- Full Time
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: Full-time position (40 hours per week) at the Algona Campus. Primary responsibility is to assist the Campus Supervisor in the performance of his/her duties and activities. Assist in the coordination of personnel and preparing reports. Process appropriate paperwork. Compile and manage files for all college credit students and programs for the Algona Campus. Accept and deposit funds from students or staff for payment of bills and cashier student payments to proper accounts utilizing the Ellucian system. Perform typical secretarial/clerical duties, answer telephones and greet students and visitors.
CLASSIFICATION: Professional Support A
DEPARTMENT: Algona Campus
REPORT TO: Campus Supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (% of TIME)
- Use a computer to enter and retrieve information from the computer Ellucian system or PC.
- Complete appropriate paperwork for student admission and registration.
- Perform typical secretarial/clerical duties of answering telephones, filing, typing, directing and assisting students, staff, and visitors.
- Assist students and staff with computer issues.
- Accept, receipt, and deposit payments from students and staff and cashier tuition.
- Coordinate scheduling of classrooms at the Algona Campus.
- Prepare purchase orders, requisitions and other forms.
- Prepare contracts for adjunct faculty, campus rental space, etc.
- Manage the door lock system for the Algona Campus.
- Monitor the campus security cameras.
- Assist the Campus Supervisor in preparing reports.
- Manage and order supplies and forms used at the Algona Campus.
- Ensure that equipment is in working order and contact appropriate people for service if necessary.
- Work with Campus Supervisor to coordinate events and activities hosted by the Algona Campus.
- Assist students with book orders.
- Serve on Scholarship Committees.
- Provide student support.
- Update information on the digital monitors.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Represent the college in a positive manner with prospective, former, and current students. In addition to staff and community.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic in performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer for word processing, database information and access data on the college servers.
- Ability to organize is essential.
- Ability to prioritize and balance the needs of people and the task at hand.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures, telephone techniques and office equipment, as well as correct English usage, grammar, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communication.
- Ability to efficiently perform tasks in an environment of frequent interruptions.
- Ability to assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
- Ability to take notes at meetings and prepare an accurate record of events.
- Ability to manage personnel and activities in a diversified work setting.
- Possess excellent public relations, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Sedentary to light work. Position involves sitting most of the time; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, carrying, and repetitive motion occasionally. Walking, lifting, and grasping frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing, and viewing various types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). May be required to travel utilizing personal vehicle.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered and all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associate Degree in related area and three or more years of experience required. Bachelors’ Degree in a related area will receive added consideration. Personal computer software knowledge and experience required. Experience with Ellucian operation is beneficial. NCRC preferred.
SALARY: $14.37 per hour
FRINGE BENEFITS: Paid medical, vacation and holidays. Employee health, dental and vision insurance. Partially funded family insurance available. Employee life and disability insurance. Retirement package.
APPLICATION PROCESS: The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- A copy of transcripts, with originals due upon hiring
Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy. Position open until filled. Review of applications will begin June 1, 2020.
Application: Employment Application
(Save document to your computer and fill in application. Re-save completed application and email as an attachment to Lynn Miller at email@example.com. You may also print out the completed form and mail it to Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.) ***
*** NOTE: Applications must be complete, including Employment Application Form, Applicant Confidential Information Form, Letter Addressing Qualifications, Resume and Transcripts (if required). See individual job descriptions for instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions and requests regarding application: Lynn Miller at 712-362-0409 or firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of Iowa Lakes Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Kathy Muller, Equity & Title IX Coordinator, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334, 712.362.0433, email@example.com, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576.