- Part Time
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: This is a per course contracted position based on need as determined by the Campus Dean. Must evaluate and report student performances and progress in courses in accordance with College and division policies and procedures. Must meet Adjunct Faculty qualifications.
This particular position is for an adjunct Art Instructor to teach a four credit, 2-D Design course for the Fall semester on the Estherville Campus. The course is Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30 – 5:00 p.m. beginning August 25; ending December 18, 2020.
REPORT TO: Campus Dean
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (% of TIME)
- Effectively organize and teach in contracted courses in accordance with established syllabi. Assignments may include various delivery formats, methods, work schedules and locations.
- Evaluate, report and record student performance and progress in accordance with College and division guidelines.
- Maintain current course syllabi and provide student guides for all courses taught.
- Be available for student consultation and make referrals, when deemed necessary, to other College personnel, such as Campus Dean, Counselor, Financial Aid, etc. for more specialized information and assistance.
- Assist in the process of requesting and maintaining instructional equipment and supplies for classroom/laboratory use.
- Encourage and foster student participation in College activities and events.
- Attend scheduled orientations and meetings of Adjunct Faculty.
- Complete required on-line staff development courses.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Represent the College in the most positive manner with prospective, former, and current students, staff and the community.
- Ability to organize and present various curriculum concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Present oneself in a classroom setting in a manner that is acceptable and consistent with program and College guidelines, policies, and practices.
- Assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, colleagues, staff, administrators and other contacts.
- Read, understand and express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written communications.
- Possess strong human relations skills and the ability to effectively relate to diverse personalities.
- Be a creative, energetic and self-motivated individual with demonstrated leadership and organization skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of personal computers and educational media equipment.
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Sedentary to light work. Position involves sitting most of the time in office or classroom/laboratory settings. Constant (67-100%) reaching, standing, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions and viewing various types of close visual work. Frequent (34-66%) stooping, crouching, pushing, pulling, and carrying. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and 10 pounds of force frequently. May be required to travel between sites utilizing personal vehicle.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant must have at least 6,000 hours of recent and relevant experience in the field; a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in the area is preferred.
SALARY: $625 per credit
APPLICATION PROCESS: The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- A copy of transcripts, if applicable.
Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Application: Employment Application
(Save document to your computer and fill in application. Re-save completed application and email as an attachment to Lynn Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also print out the completed form and mail it to Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.) ***
*** NOTE: Applications must be complete, including Employment Application Form, Applicant Confidential Information Form, Letter Addressing Qualifications, Resume and Transcripts (if required). See individual job descriptions for instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions and requests regarding application: Lynn Miller at 712-362-0409 or email@example.com
It is the policy of Iowa Lakes Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Kathy Muller, Equity & Title IX Coordinator, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334, 712.362.0433, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576.