Summer jazz camp 2018 concerts announced
The public is invited to attend five concerts during the 38th annual Iowa Lakes Community College Reggie Schive Summer Jazz Camp next week.
The concerts will be Monday through Thursday, June 18-21, and will feature the Headliners and the camp participants.
The Headliners are Roger Neumann, of Los Angeles, Calif., on saxophones; Michael Gurciullo, Las Vegas and Omaha, Neb., on trumpet and vocals; Tony Gulizia, Vail, Colo., on keyboard and vocals; Joey Gulizia, Omaha, on percussion; Andy Hall, Lincoln, Neb., on bass; Scott Hesse, Chicago, Ill., on guitar; CJ Kocher, Vermillion, S.D., on saxophones, and Dan Cassady, Manson, on trombone.
The concert schedule follows.
- Monday, June 18: Headliners with the Dick Bauman Big Band, 7 p.m. at Pearson Lakes Art Center, Pomerantz Hall, 2201 Highway 71 N., Okoboji. Tickets are available at the door.
- Tuesday, June 19: Headliners Concert, 7 p.m. at Thoreson Memorial Park Shelter House, 6th Ave. N., Estherville. Bring your own lawn chair for this free concert in the park! (In case of rain concert will be at Iowa Lakes gymnasium.)
- Wednesday, June 20: Headliners Concert, 7 p.m. at Pearson Lakes Art Center, Pomerantz Hall, 2201 Highway 71 N., Okoboji. Tickets are required and sell out early. Call 712-332-8345 or visit www.lakesart.org to purchase tickets.
- Thursday, June 21: Student Combo Concert, 3:30 p.m., Student Big Band Concert with Headliners, 6:30 p.m. at the Iowa Lakes Community College Estherville campus. Admission is free. For more information call 712-330-3647.
- Thursday, June 21: Headliners Concert, approximately 9 p.m. (following the student concerts) at Little Swan Lake Winery, 1350 320th Ave., Estherville (just north of Superior). Reservations are recommended, call 712-858-4592 or visit www.lslwinery.com.
The jazz camp is a non-profit, five-day, educational jazz camp held at the Estherville campus of Iowa Lakes.
For more information on the Jazz Camp and the headliners, please visit the college’s website: https://www.iowalakes.edu/music/jazz-camp/
For More Information:
For more information, please contact Carol Ayres, camp director, at 712-330-3647.