Financial Aid at Iowa Lakes makes it possible for you to complete a college education. Applying for financial aid is an easy process when you follow the steps outlined below.
- Apply for admission to Iowa Lakes Community College.
Iowa Lakes Community College recognizes census dates for determining enrollment status for each semester. (Full-time, ¾ time, ½ time status) Census dates are established as follows. Student’s registration/enrollment status is locked on these dates for financial aid purposes. You MUST be registered for classes by these dates in order to be eligible for financial aid for each semester. This includes second session and/or fast track classes offered later in the semester. No adjustments will be made for classes added or dropped after these dates:
Fall Semester: 8/30/18
Spring Semester: 1/18/19
Summer Term: 5/29/19
- Apply for Financial Aid on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov . The Title IV code for Iowa Lakes is 001864. (Worksheets to assist you in organizing and completing the FAFSA are available on-line at the web address above, at Iowa Lakes or your high school guidance office.) Frequently asked questions: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/help
- After you complete the FAFSA process, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) within a few days from the U.S. Department of Education.
- You must apply for financial aid each year. No program of assistance is carried forward from year to year. Check with the Financial Aid office each December to determine when to apply.
- You may receive a verification letter from the Iowa Lakes financial aid office regarding missing information. Many of these forms can be acquired by clicking on the “forms” menu item on the left hand side of this web page. Print and complete the required form and submit to the financial aid office as soon as possible. We must have these forms to complete your file and calculate your financial aid package.
Transfer Student Eligibility
You will not be eligible for federal financial aid if you have over $5,500 in subsidized and/or unsubsidized direct loans verified on NSLDS and you have not completed and passed, with an A, B, C, or D, at least 6 credits from your prior institution(s).
Grants and Scholarships
Grants and scholarships are credited to a student’s account at the beginning of each term. Remaining funds from grants and scholarships are issued in check form at the end of the second week. Grants and loans for late start classes will not be disbursed until the class has begun and attendance has been reported. This means that if you have a course or courses that starts in the middle of the term your disbursements may be affected. Loan funds will be disbursed only after classes have begun and attendance has been reported for at least 6 credit hours. First time Direct Loan borrowers at Iowa Lakes Community College are subject to a 30 day delay in disbursement.
Iowa College Aid
Iowa College Aid administers need-based college financial aid for Iowans.