Financial Aid at Iowa Lakes makes it possible for you to complete a college education. Applying for financial aid is an easy process when you follow the steps outlined below.
- Apply for admission to Iowa Lakes Community College.
Iowa Lakes Community College recognizes census dates for determining enrollment status for each semester. (Full-time, ¾ time, ½ time status) Census dates are established as follows. Student’s registration/enrollment status is locked on these dates for financial aid purposes. No adjustments will be made for classes added after these dates:
2019 Fall Semester: 8/29/19
2020 Spring Semester: 1/17/20
2020 Summer Term: 5/27/20
- Apply for financial aid on-line at www.fafsa.gov. FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The Title IV code for Iowa Lakes is 001864. Worksheets to assist you in organizing and completing the FAFSA are available on-line at the web address above. You can find answers to Frequently asked questions at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/help.
- After you complete the FAFSA process, you will receive an e-mail from the U.S. Department of Education letting you know that they have received your application and are processing it.
- You must apply for financial aid each year. No program of assistance is carried forward from year to year. The FAFSA application is available to complete starting October 1 each year.
- You will receive a postcard and/or e-mail from the Iowa Lakes Community College Financial Aid Office. These will let you know that the college has received your FAFSA information and give you instruction on how to log-in to view your information. If additional information is required it will be listed. Any required forms will be completed electronically by clicking on the required form link. We must have these forms to complete your file and calculate your financial aid package.
Transfer Student Eligibility
You will not be eligible for federal financial aid if you have over $5,500 in subsidized and/or unsubsidized direct loans verified on NSLDS for the current academic year. If you have not completed and passed, with an A, B, C, or D, at least 6 credits from your prior institution(s) you may not be eligible for aid.
Grants and Scholarships
Grants and scholarships are credited to a student’s account at the beginning of each term. Remaining funds from grants and scholarships are issued in check form at the end of the second week. Grants, scholarships, and loans for late start classes will not be disbursed until the class has begun and attendance has been reported. This means that if you have a course or courses that starts in the middle of the term your disbursements may be affected.
Loan funds will be disbursed only after classes have begun and attendance has been reported for at least 6 credit hours. First time Direct Loan borrowers at Iowa Lakes Community College are subject to a 30-day delay in disbursement from the start of classes.
Iowa College Aid
Iowa College Aid administers need-based college financial aid for Iowans.