Chemical or Biological Emergency
1. Listen for instructions from authorities such as whether to remain inside or evacuate.
2. If you are instructed to remain inside the building move to a tornado shelter area during a chemical or biological attack:
- If A/C or fan controls are in the room, turn off all ventilation, air conditioners, vents and fans.
- Seek shelter in an internal room, preferably one without windows.
- Remain in protected areas where toxic vapors are reduced or eliminated.
3. If you are caught in an unprotected area, you should:
- Attempt to get up-wind of the contaminated area.
- Attempt to find shelter as quickly as possible