We are encouraging students with technology challenges to work with our Distance Education Office, the Help Desk and to explore the generous offers from Service providers.
A new Federal Communications Commission pledge ensures that Americans will not lose their broadband or Internet connectivity for the next 60 days. In response, several service providers have announced incentives and accommodations for customers:
- Comcast: Free WiFi for 2 months to low-income families; all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time.
- Charter: Free Internet offer for 2 months.
- AT&T: Open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low-income families.
- Sprint: Following FCC agreement and providing unlimited data to existing customers. Starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile: Following FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.