Resources for Students
Iowa Lakes Community College is dedicated to the well-being of our students, faculty, and staff and it is our highest priority. This page is devoted to providing our students with up-to-date messaging and resources.
Friday, March 27, 2020
We are encouraging students with technology challenges to work with our Distance Education Office, the Help Desk and to explore the generous offers from Service providers.
A new Federal Communications Commission pledge ensures that Americans will not lose their broadband or Internet connectivity for the next 60 days. In response, several service providers have announced incentives and accommodations for customers:
- Comcast: Free WiFi for 2 months to low-income families; all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time.
- Charter: Free Internet offer for 2 months.
- AT&T: Open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low-income families.
- Sprint: Following FCC agreement and providing unlimited data to existing customers. Starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile: Following FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
Student Support Services are available to all students and include:
- All instructors and faculty advisors are available remotely to assist students.
- Our Professional Tutor is available to all students to set up a scheduled time to meet over the phone or via zoom.
- Smarthinking: offers online tutoring in more than 150 subject areas subject areas in most subjects. Students can get one-on-one homework help in minutes and have the option to make an appointment with a tutor or ask a question and come back later for the response.
- Educational Counselors are available to assist with students with their academic, career, personal and accommodations needs.
- Online Peer Tutoring is also available.