Skip to main content
Connect @ Iowa Lakes Student Internship Program - Interview Questions
- What subjects do you most enjoy at school?
- Who well have your classes helped you prepare for the demands and opportunities of the internship site you are applying for?
- What do you like to do for fun?
- Specifically, when do you plan to perform this internship during the school day or outside the regular school hours?
- Do you have any volunteer or community service experiences you would like to share with us?
- What would you offer to this worksite as an intern that differentiates you as a candidate for the position?
- Are you employed or have you been employed before? What were some of your responsibilities? What do you or did you enjoy most about the position? The least?
- What activities have you participated in – either at school, home or church – that have helped to prepare you for an Internship Experience? How?
- What are your immediate goals for yourself? What are your long ranges career goals?
- What frustrates you most about high school? How do you handle your frustrations?
- What was the most difficult challenge you have faced in your life and how did you handle it?
- Besides this Internship Experience, what are you doing now to help prepare yourself for your career goals?
- What do you expect to be doing 15 years from now?
- Why do you think you will be an effective employee/intern at this work site?
- What do you consider to be your three greatest strengths? Areas for improvement?
- What motivates you or makes you want to do your best?
- Why did you apply for this Internship Experience?
- Why should we approve you for an Internship Experience?
- If you are approved, what kind of attendance record can we expect?
- Do you like working as part of a team?
- Are you most comfortable leading or following? Can you explain why?
- Do you feel your education is adequately preparing you for your career goals?
- Do you feel your grades are a fair assessment of your abilities?