Connect @ Iowa Lakes
Linking Students to Careers
What is the Connect @ Iowa Lakes Program?
Connect @ Iowa Lakes is a work-based learning program funded by the Iowa Legislature. It is designed to link business and education to allow high school students the opportunity to explore various exciting career options. In addition, this program offers educators the opportunity to build and strengthen business and industry relationships through work-site tours and externships.
What does Connect @ Iowa Lakes Offer?
Connect @ Iowa Lakes offers a variety of activities including- but not limited to:
- Job Shadows
- Class Presentations and guest speakers
- Mock interviews with local employers
- Career day activities and career exploration
- Iowa Lakes Community College campus visits
- Teacher professional development
- Concurrent enrollment collaboration
- Worksite tours for students and instructors
- Educator externships and student internships
What are the Benefits?
Connect @ Iowa Lakes offers many benefits to students, educators, and employers to help build local communities and give students a wide range of learning opportunities. Check out the benefits page to the left to see more details for your area!