Originally established as the Iowa Lakes Housing Foundation in 1982, the Board of Trustees of Iowa Lakes Community College authorized the establishment of a new foundation in 1995. The Iowa Lakes Community College Foundation, as we know it today, was incorporated on September 13, 1996, as a 501(c)3 non-profit, charitable organization. The Foundation serves the entire college district with members from each of the five counties with a focus on developing scholarships and other resources not available through public funding for the benefit of all students, regardless of the campus they attend.
The Iowa Lakes Foundation supports projects that enrich the entire learning experience for our students and offers vivid cultural opportunities for the greater community.
Activities supported by the Iowa Lakes Community College Foundation include:
- We Believe Annual Giving Program
- Scholarship fundraising events
- Exclusive beverage contract, which supports student scholarships
- 20 1/4 Bond Issue and Equipment Replacement Levy
- Arthur and Audrey Smith Wellness Center in Emmetsburg