Timeline / Student Visa
So, you want to study at Iowa Lakes Community College?
At Iowa Lakes Community College we are committed to helping you not only through the admissions process, but every step of the way while you’re studying here at Iowa Lakes Community College. Now, that you have made the decision to come here there are certain things that you must have in order to be fully accepted-not only here at Iowa Lakes Community College, but to the United States of America.
If you are considering a fall semester (August) start, we recommend you begin with your application process in February. We must have your complete application package and other documents by June 1.
If you are considering a spring semester (January) start, we recommend you begin with your application process in October. We must have your complete application package and other documents by December 1.
Follow these steps
- Apply for admissions: Online Application for Admissions
- Submit all necessary documents to Iowa Lakes Community College (including any transcripts from other colleges)
- Your Passport must be in order before you contact the US Embassy
- Once we have received all your documents, we will issue the I-20 and it will be mailed to you.
- You must request an appointment at the Embassy. There you must provide: Your passport, SEVIS I-20 that we give you, your High School/ or college transcripts, and your financial documents.
*** These steps are necessary to obtain your student-visa***