International Student Admissions
Thank you for considering Iowa Lakes Community College as your home for the next academic year. To begin the acceptance process you must complete the online application for admissions. In addition to this application, other items are required to complete the application process. Once we receive your application, a member of the International Student Services Team will be in contact with you to let you know about other requirements. You will need to submit these in order to obtain the necessary documents to apply for your student Visa.
Steps for Admissions
Note: All documents must be submitted in English
Prior to admissions issuing an I-20 the following requirements must be met:
[ ] Application for admission
[ ] Valid passport
[ ] High school transcripts
- Name of student
- Date of graduation listed
- Name of school
- If graduation date is not listed on transcripts, then a copy of the high school diploma will be requested.
[ ] Official TOEFL Scores (Test of English as a Foreign Language scores).
- Test score requirements are as follows: 500 for paper based test; 173 on computer based test; and 61 on internet based TOEFL.
- Official TOEFL scores may be requested at http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/scores/send/
- Wavied For:
- Students who completed formal English studies and tested into college level English.
- Students who graduate from an English instruction high school equivalency program in the US.
- Students who graduated with an English instruction only high school at other countries if they score at the college English level in the SAT or ACT.
- Students from English speaking countries
- Students transferring in from an American college if they have taken English Comp 1 and received a grade of ‘C’ or better, and have a Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better.
- May be waived if the student has a masters degree from an American university.
[ ] Financial Certificate;
- Signed by sponsor
- Signed by bank official
- Stamped by bank
- If bank will not stamp and sign a foreign language document, they may translate the financial certificate and have the translated version stamped and signed by the bank.
[ ] Bank Statement
- Signed by bank official
* Bank signature waived when bank statement is accompanied by a bank certified letter clearly stating the bank account number and owner, which includes the bank officials signature.
- Stamped by bank
* Bank stamp waived when bank statement is accompanied by a bank certified letter clearly stating the bank account number and owner, which includes the bank’s stamp.
- Funds available cover cost of attendance
- No more than 3 months old.
- Proof of financial ability non-athletes = $ 25,471 USD.
- Proof of financial ability student athletes = $ 17,528 USD (expected to go home for the summer)
- Proof of financial ability Spencer campus student athletes = $ 16,948 USD (expected to go home for the summer)
- Proof of financial ability Spencer campus non-athletes = $ 24,601 USD
- Proof of financial ability for aviation program = $ 47,346 USD
- Proof of financial ability for aviation program (no summer classes) = $ 44,123 USD
* Cost of attendance will be adjusted to reflect scholarships, no need for international insurance (when covered through own insurance), or when the student will be living off campus.
* Students living off campus will provide a copy of their rental agreement for statement of costs.
4. If student is expected to use work study as proof of financial ability, we will need a copy of his work study offer.
[ ] Letter of Intent
- Students receiving an athletic scholarship must have a letter of intent turned into the admissions office stating the amount awarded.
[ ] Student Status Transfer Form
- Students transferring from another college within the United States must have a Student Status Transfer Form filled out by their previous college.
- Students are expected to be here by the first day of classes.
- Instructor approval needed to add a class after the first week of classes.
- Students will not be allowed to start classes 2 weeks after the 1st day of classes.
Note: All documents, except TOEFL scores can be sent via e-mail to:
Beto Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or via Fax, addressed to admissions, at: 712-362-8363
TOEFL scores must be mailed from ETS to us at:
Iowa Lakes Community College
300 South 18th Street
Estherville, IA 51334