To be admitted to Iowa Lakes Community College:
- Submit a completed Iowa Lakes application form.
- Submit a high school transcript or GED certification to Iowa Lakes’ admissions office.
- If you have attended any other college, have that college send an official transcript directly to Iowa lakes. (See address below.)
- It is recommended that you participate in the American College Test (ACT) and submit your test scores to Iowa Lakes; however, this test is not required for admission.
- Career Option, Vocational or Technical Programs: It is highly recommended that you visit the campus and speak with the program advisor before enrolling.
- Nursing applicants must sign up for an advising session by calling 712-852-5212.
- Wind Energy applicants must meet the math requirement before admission is granted to the program.
- Some programs may require medical examinations and/or assessments before admission is granted. Once your application is received, the admissions department will notify you if further action is needed.
- Continuing Education: Application for admission is not required for continuing education courses. They are open to all, regardless of previous education. Call 712-362-7946 or 712-362-7942 to register.
- Home schooled students: Provide final high school diploma, GED certification, and/or college transcripts. Also provide ACT test scores, if available.
- International students: See international student page for admission requirements.
If you are returning to Iowa Lakes after an absence of more than one term, please apply for readmission. You will also be required to fulfill the current graduation requirements.
If you are transferring from another college, please submit official transcripts directly from each college whether or not you earned credit there. You will also have to complete all the normal admission requirements.
Send college transcripts to:
Iowa Lakes Community College
300 South 18th Street
Estherville, IA 51334