Web Development & Design
Real Web Development Experience, Real Life.
That’s what you can expect when enrolling in the Web Development and Design program here at Iowa Lakes. In today’s world, every business needs a website and a skilled web developer they can trust. Whether you want to be a web page designer, webmaster or web developer, you’ll develop a valuable skill set here that the workforce needs.
Explore your creativity and hone your technical skills as you train in every aspect of the professions. Enter the workforce feeling competent in your ability to write code, create web graphics, maintain existing sites or develop new ones.
Acquire training in:
- Database and SQL
- Web Programming
- Digital Imaging
- Web Animations
- Digital Drawing
Web Development & Design Program Outcomes
- Create static and dynamic webpages
- Apply the fundamentals of artistic design to real-world projects
- Utilize event driven programming to accept and respond to user input
- Hand code websites from scratch using industry standard technologies
- Customize industry standard content management systems
- Implement accessibility options for users with impairments
- Create adaptive websites which respond to a variety of devices
- Test websites for cross-browser compatibility
- Connect websites to external data storage mechanisms
- Create interactive media experiences for embedded use on webpages
- Transfer websites to the live internet via file transfer protocol
- Improve code accuracy by using standard debugging tools and testing methodologies
Kevin Grems interview with Mediacom Newsleader