Aviation / Airport Management
Real Aviation Management Experience, Real Life.
That’s what you can expect when enrolling in the Aviation & Airport Management program here at Iowa Lakes. With a demand for pilots on the rise, there is a substantial need for new pilots to enter the workforce each year.
In our program, you’ll gain experience in a hands-on learning environment and learn the skills you need to obtain a private and commercial pilot license. You’ll also earn an instrument rating, certified flight instructor rating, instrument light instructor rating or a multi-engine rating.
Know that you’ll have special flight course fees for equipment and instruction. Be sure to calculate these fees in addition to regular tuition and registration fees.
You will take courses such as:
- Private Pilot Ground School
- Sport Pilot Ground School
- Meteorology, Weather and Climate
- Commercial Pilot Ground School
- Instrumental Pilot Ground School
Aviation / Airport Management Program Outcomes
- Assess the safety of an aircraft.
- Perform a pre-flight inspection.
- Adapt to changing weather conditions.
- Plan a cross country flight.
- Conduct a cross country flight.
- Predict aircraft performance based on existing conditions.
- Master control of the aircraft with success of the flight never in doubt.
- Pass the appropriate Federal Aviation Administration tests.