Water Quality Technician
Real Technician Experience, Real Life.
That’s what you can expect when enrolling in the Water Quality Technician program here at Iowa Lakes. The concern over water quantity and water quality issues is higher than ever, and as a result, the career opportunities for professionals trained in water quality technology continue to grow. Through our new Water Quality and Sustainable Aquatic Resources program, you’ll become familiar with the workplace training needs of the sustainable energy, natural resources management and industrial fields.
Develop a variety of general industrial skills such as electrical and blueprint reading. Gain exposure to water processing facilities and get on-the-job experience analyzing the parameters of water, evaluating the effectiveness of water processing and learning how to operate and manage water processing and wastewater treatment systems. Become competent in the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in this vitally critical and growing field.
Acquire training in:
- Blueprint Reading
- Water Quality Analysis
- Wastewater Treatment
- Water Processing
- Electric Motors and Generators
Water Quality Technician Program Outcomes
- Exemplify safe working habits for the water quality field
- Apply concepts of hydro-lymnology to the functions of natural water systems
- Troubleshoot electro-mechanical systems
- Analyze physical, chemical and biological parameters of water systems
- Effectively communicate sound water conservation practices to key stakeholders
- Discriminate between local, state and federal laws and policies
- Differentiate between career options available in the water quality field
- Value the role of water quality stewardship as it relates to public health