Part Sales & Inventory Control
Real Sales and Inventory Experience, Real Life.
That’s what you can expect when enrolling in the Part Sales and Inventory Control program here at Iowa Lakes. Learn the ropes of Part Sales and Inventory Control while earning a diploma in our three-term program. Prepare for a career as a parts salesman, stock clerk or wholesale/manufacturing sales representative while receiving computer training and business practicum.
Develop computer skills that will ensure your success working in parts houses with sophisticated inventory access and control systems. Whether you choose to pursue a career in an automotive parts department at an automobile dealership, a marine engine repair shop or auto supplies store, you’ll establish the foundational skills and experience needed to thrive right here at Iowa Lakes.
Acquire training in:
- Principles of Selling
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Advertising
- Parts Catalog and Lab
- Inventory Catalog and Lab
Part Sales & Inventory Control Program Outcomes
- Communicate goals in support of a business' mission.
- Define assets, liabilities, owner's equity.
- Utilize value added customer service skills.
- Interpret skills that enhance ability to work with and through people to accomplish organizational goals.
- Compile information of company, product and competition.
- Utilize computer or manuals to identify corrects parts for customers.
- Utilize inventory systems to control inventory.