Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Technology (HVAC)
Real Technician Experience, Real Life.
That’s what you can expect when enrolling in the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Technology program here at Iowa Lakes. More and more emphasis is being placed on energy efficiency and sustainability, challenging today’s HVAC technician to understand how to use innovative methods and technology to install, maintain and repair HVAC equipment in a sustainable way. Our HVAC Technology program addresses the workplace training needs of the sustainable energy, natural resources management and industrial technology fields so you can pursue your career goals with the training and experience necessary.
Develop a variety of general industrial skills such as electrical and blueprint reading. Gain on-the-job experience learning about HVAC systems as a whole, utilizing technology and diagnosing and repairing HVAC systems. Become competent in the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in this growing and challenging field.
Acquire training in:
- Blueprint Reading
- Heating Fundamentals
- Energy Management
- Oil and Hydronic Heating
- Electric Motors and Generators
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Technology (HVAC) Program Outcomes
- Apply industrial safety practices for the Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) field
- Interpret electro-mechanical system schematic diagrams
- Install HVAC electro-mechanical systems
- Fabricate properly sized HVAC piping systems
- Fabricate properly sized HVAC ducting systems
- Maintain HVAC electro-mechanical systems
- Troubleshoot HVAC electro-mechanical systems
Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Technology
"(HVAC) is a great field to get into, and the pay is outstanding. And it’s a field where no one can take your job away. It’s in such high demand—it can never be outsourced." Read More