Farm Equipment & Diesel Technology
Real Farm Equipment Experience, Real Life.
That’s what you can expect when enrolling in the Farm Equipment and Diesel Technology program here at Iowa Lakes. Through our AAS program, you’ll become familiar with all aspects of farm equipment and diesel maintenance and repair.
Receive training in machinery setup and repair, complete tractor repair, hydraulics, welding and diesel service and more. You’ll spend two four-week portions of the program working in a farm equipment dealership, earning money while completing your coursework. This on-the-job training ensures that you know what to expect when entering the workforce, and, even better, that you’ll be ready for it.
Acquire training in:
- Engine Repair
- Combine and Implement Repair Adjustment
- Electrical Components
- Diesel Engine Overhaul
Farm Equipment & Diesel Technology Program Outcomes
- Practice safety in the repair and service of agriculture equipment
- Identify agriculture equipment system components.
- Analyze agriculture equipment components for repair /replacement.
- Evaluate agriculture equipment performance to determine needed repairs.
- Repair agriculture equipment in the most cost efficient way and satisfying to the customer