Real Engineering Technician Experience, Real Life.
That’s what you can expect when enrolling in the Engineering Technology program here at Iowa Lakes. Through our broad curriculum, you’ll gain knowledge that is applicable to many industrial sectors and become equipped with the core and specialized skills needed to pursue entry-level positions in the advanced manufacturing sector.
When entering the workforce, you’ll be ready to design, program and install many different automation platforms. You’ll be familiar with the processes and equipment associated with production including mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, electronic and computers. Prepare to thrive as an application technician with plenty of hands-on experience to back you up.
Acquire training in:
- Electric Motors and Generators
- Industrial Robotics
- Lean Manufacturing
Engineering Technology Program Outcomes
- Design engineering prints and drawings.
- Troubleshoot electromechanical systems.
- Maintain electromechanical systems.
- Automate industrial systems.
- Apply industrial safety concepts.