Real Auto Repair Experience, Real Life.
That’s what you can expect when enrolling in the Automotive Technology program here at Iowa Lakes. Auto Collision is an ever-growing and changing industry. Learn a unique skill set that’s needed anywhere in the world while earning an Associate in Applied Science degree in Automotive Technology. Gain hands-on experience diagnosing and servicing automobiles while working in a modern, high-tech lab at our Emmetsburg campus.
In just five terms, you’ll earn your degree and be ready to work as an entry-level technician. Whether you develop a career as a specialized technician, service manager or auto shop owner, you’ll establish a strong set of skills in automotive technology right here that you can take anywhere.
Acquire training in:
- Automotive Shop Safety
- Electrical Systems
- Engine Repair
- Auto Heating and Air Conditioning
- Manual Transmission
- Automotive Fuel Systems
Automotive Technology Outcomes
- Select task appropriate tools and equipment.
- Practice safety in the repair and service of automotive systems.
- Identify automotive system components.
- Analyze system components for repair/replacement.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Evaluate system performance to determine needed repairs.
- Explain environmental and legal constraints relating to the automotive industry.
- Research applicable vehicle and service information, service precautions and technical service bulletins.