Real Business Experience, Real Life.
That’s what you can expect when enrolling in the Business Specialist program here at Iowa Lakes. Today’s fast-paced work environment places an increased demand for office workers to have high computer and technological skills. Whether you want to enter the workforce, improve your existing skills or continue onto our Administrative Assistant program, you will receive adequate training from various computer and business courses to thrive in the workplace.
Develop the flexibility necessary to meet the changing needs in business. Enter the workforce with the technical training and experience necessary to be an effective secretary, receptionist or office assistant.
Acquire training in:
- Word processing
- Computer applications
Business Specialist Program Outcomes
- Produce proficient word processing documents, spreadsheets, web development, Internet searches, and prepare professional e-mails by integrating technology
- Compute a wide variety of calculations relevant to problem solving in real business world applications
- Communicate effectively and appropriately in interpersonal, oral, and written forms in a business environment
- Apply emerging business and office technologies efficiently and accurately
- Record accounting transactions and financial statements related to the accounting cycle
- Demonstrate business standards of professionalism, human relations skills, and customer service attributes