Administrative Support Specialist
Real Office Experience, Real Life.
That’s what you can expect when enrolling in the Administrative Support Specialist program here at Iowa Lakes. Today’s fast-paced work environment places an increased demand for office workers to have high computer and technological skills. You will receive adequate training from various computer and business courses to thrive in the workplace.
Gain real work experience with on-the-job training available at medical offices, banks, insurance companies, real estate offices or here on campus. Develop the flexibility and variety of skills necessary to meet the changing needs in business settings. Enter the workforce with the technical training and experience necessary to be a bookkeeper, receptionist or office specialist.
Acquire training in:
- Word processing
- Computer applications
Administrative Support Specialist Program Outcomes
- Produce proficient word processing documents, spreadsheets, web development, Internet searches, and prepare professional e-mails by integrating technology
- Compute a wide variety of calculations relevant to problem solving in real business world applications
- Communicate effectively and appropriately in interpersonal, oral, and written forms in a business environment
- Apply emerging business and office technologies efficiently and accurately
- Record accounting transactions and financial statements related to the accounting cycle
- Demonstrate business standards of professionalism, human relations skills, and customer service attributes
- Demonstrate workplace skills