Real Administrative Assistant Experience, Real Life.
That’s what you can expect when enrolling in the Administrative Assistant program at Iowa Lakes. Administrative assistants are needed across the world in a variety of office settings. Learn a valuable skill set you can take anywhere through our Administrative Assistant program. Whether you choose to work in legal, accounting, insurance or education, you’ll have a strong foundation of business and computer knowledge.
Develop the flexibility necessary to meet the changing needs in business and office settings. Enter the workforce with the technical training and experience necessary to be an active member of the management team.
Acquire training in:
- Web page design
- Word processing
- Computer applications
- Calculating management
Administrative Assistant Program Outcomes
- Produce proficient word processing documents, spreadsheets, web development, Internet searches, and prepare professional e-mails by integrating technology
- Compute a wide variety of calculations relevant to problem solving in real business world applications
- Communicate effectively and appropriately in interpersonal, oral, and written forms in a business environment
- Apply emerging business and office technologies efficiently and accurately
- Record accounting transactions and financial statements related to the accounting cycle
- Demonstrate business standards of professionalism, human relations skills, and customer service attributes
- Demonstrate workplace skills