Veterinary Technician Program Entrance Requirements
1. Complete an application for admission to Iowa Lakes Community College.
2. Satisfy the assessment requirement: take a placement test and meet minimum Reading, Writing, and Math score requirements:
- ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills Score of 60 or higher
- ACCUPLACER Reading Score of 70 or higher
- ACCUPLACER Elementary Algebra Score of 60 or higher
- ACT English Score of 17 or higher
- ACT Reading Score of 16 or higher
- ACT Math Score of 19 or higher
3. High School Grades
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- GED of 550 or higher or HiSet certificate
4. Submit all official transcripts (high school and college).
5. Complete the following pre-requisite courses with a grade of “C” or better:
- Introductory Biology or higher (or one year high school biology)
- Introduction to General Chemistry or higher (or one year high school chemistry)
6. The College Admissions Office will determine the 24 students who will receive an invitation for the program orientation, and registration. At the time the College formally processes your admission application, you will receive additional information regarding all requirements for this program.
7. Program Conference: Applicants as determined by assessment scores and admission dates will be invited to a program orientation with the Veterinary Technician Coordinator.