Real Agribusiness Experience, Real Life.
That’s what you can expect when enrolling in the Agribusiness Technology program here at Iowa Lakes. As technology continues to evolve, workers need as much specialized training as possible to prepare for a career in agribusiness. Gain hands-on management experience and examine the latest developments in agriculture technology working on our 360+-acre farm.
With 300+ acres of row crops, a herd of 50 cattle, 150+-head commercial feedlot, and a top-notch swine facility that facilitates a farrow-to-finish operation, our college-owned farm allows you to learn the ropes of the industry firsthand. You will help manage the daily operations and become familiar with a wide variety of production methods to prepare for a career in farm management.
Acquire training in:
- Soil Science
- Agricultural Computers
- Agricultural Finance
- Grain Merchandising
- Integrated Crop Management
- Farm Business Management
- Advanced Soil Fertility
Agribusiness Technology Program Outcomes
- Construct a business plan for an agricultural business.
- Compare common crop enterprises important to our region.
- Demonstrate safe operation of agriculture equipment.
- Design an agricultural sales presentation.
- Compare common livestock enterprises important to tour region.
- Apply current technology in agricultural systems.
- Relate skills to obtain and keep a job.