Ag Production Technology
Real Agricultural Production Experience, Real Life.
That’s what you can expect when enrolling in the Agricultural Production Technology program here at Iowa Lakes. As technology continues to evolve, workers need as much specialized training as possible to prepare for a career in the agriculture industry. Gain hands-on production experience and examine the latest developments in agriculture technology working on our 300+-acre farm.
With the option to specialize in crops, swine or beef, you will become familiar with a wide variety of production methods and examine the latest developments in agriculture technology. In addition to working in the farm laboratory, you will become acquainted with today’s technologies, which include GPS/ GIS, VRT, real-time Ultra-sound, electronic identification, artificial insemination, embryo transfer and various computer software programs.
Acquire training in:
- Soil Science
- Principles of Agronomy
- Pesticide Application
- Computerized Agricultural Accounting
- Precision Agricultural Applications
Ag Production Technology Program Outcomes
- Construct a business plan for an agricultural operation.
- Compare common crop enterprises important to our region.
- Differentiate management principles to livestock operations.
- Demonstrate safe operation of agriculture equipment.
- Apply current technology in agricultural systems.
- Relate skills to obtain and keep a job.