Nov 30, 2015: Due to inclement weather, all daytime and evening classes (credit and continuing education) at all campuses will be cancelled today. All offices will be closed.
Funding/Success in College
Funding your future education may be a concern of you and your family. We suggest starting early and gathering as much information as possible to prepare for this exciting step.
- Scholarships: Scholarships are merit-based awards distributed to students who meet the qualifications established by each individual program. Scholarships do not need to be repaid.
- Grants: Grants are need-based awards available to students who meet the specific requirements of each grant program. Grant awards do not need to be repaid.
- Loans: Loans are need-based financial assistance that must be repaid, in most cases starting after you have graduated or left college. Lending institutions such as banks, savings banks, credit unions, and the federal government make the loans.
Individual colleges offer their own scholarships, check out the college websites such as:
Scholarships are available to Educational Talent Search students and other TRIO programs. Learn more about those scholarships from your advisor and at:
Many organizations and companies offer their own scholarships, the list is never ending, but here are areas to think about:
- Local Community Organizations or Clubs
- High School Clubs (athletics, memorials, local and state level clubs)
- Churches or Scouting programs (local and national)
- Local Businesses
- Large National Businesses (vehicle manufacturers, computer companies, large department stores, large grocery chains, bottling companies, gas companies, restaurant chains, banks, credit companies)
- Banks and Credit Companies
- Media/Communication Companies (magazine, newspaper, radio, television, internet and phone companies)
- Charitable Organizations (local and national)
- Special Needs Foundations
- Places of employment of students or parents/grandparents of students.
All Educational Talent Search students are going to college! This is an exciting concept and we are here to supply you and your families with lots of information to help you along the way. Check out these helpful links:
Educational Talent Search
800-242-5108, ext. 5213