Iowa Lakes provides students the opportunity to take courses from a distance via its television system. Classes are delivered to all Iowa Lakes locations and seven area high schools from 7:30 am to 10 pm daily.
- A fax machine is available in all television rooms. This is provided as a backup to the inter-campus mail system.
- Center Offices should be called to alert them that a fax will be arriving in the classroom and a proctor should receive it.
- Allow 15-20 minutes for all sites to receive a batch fax.
- If a line is busy, the fax will automatically redial every 2 minutes.
- Copies should be made on a regular copy machine and the fax machine should not be used for copying unless absolutely necessary.
- Proctors are not always in the classroom. Be sure to ask for a student to go to the office and ask someone to get the proctor before faxing over a test.
- Try to prepare material sufficiently in advance to allow time for distribution.
- A form "Instruction Sheet for TV Center" is to be completed by the instructor and sent with directions for all material to be copied or sent to sites for proctor use.
- A phone list is located by the fax machine. Please call the Technology Center if any problems: 712-362-7941
Employee Phone List
Television Center: 712-362-7941
FAX Line: 712-362-8363
Steve Turner: Engineer 712-362-7966