Iowa Lakes provides students the opportunity to take courses from a distance via its television system. Classes are delivered to all Iowa Lakes locations and seven area high schools from 7:30 am to 10 pm daily.
- A fax machine is available in all television rooms. This is provided as a backup to the inter-campus mail system.
- Center Offices should be called to alert them that a fax will be arriving in the classroom and a proctor should receive it.
- Allow 15-20 minutes for all sites to receive a batch fax.
- If a line is busy, the fax will automatically redial every 2 minutes.
- Copies should be made on a regular copy machine and the fax machine should not be used for copying unless absolutely necessary.
- Proctors are not always in the classroom. Be sure to ask for a student to go to the office and ask someone to get the proctor before faxing over a test.
- A reminder that we do not tape classes for students who are absent. We will tape a class for sites that have technical difficulties that prevent them from receiving a class.
- A reminder that only one site can speak at a time so it may be good to direct questions to a particular site and student.
- The microphone should be put in the center of your body – approximately 6" from your mouth. Remember to wait about 3 seconds before speaking.
- Try to prepare material sufficiently in advance to allow time for distribution.
- A form "Instruction Sheet for TV Center" is to be completed by the instructor and sent with directions for all material to be copied or sent to sites.
- A phone list is located by the fax machine. Please call the Technology Center if any problems: (Day 362-2604 ext. 7941) (Night 362-7941)
Employee Phone List
Television Center: (Day) 362-2604 ext. 7941 / (Night) 362-7941
FAX Line: Estherville 362-8363- Business Office / 362-8353 – Control Room
Al Wudel: Engineer (Day) 362-2604 (Ext.) 7939
Steve Turner: Engineer (Day) 362-2604 (Ext.) 7966