Career Resource Center
A Career Resource Center is located on both the Estherville and Emmetsburg campuses.
Services are also available to students attending Iowa Lakes campuses in Spirit Lake, Spencer and Algona.
Appointments may be made in advance or drop-in appointments are also possible if the Career Center Coordinator is available.
In today's job market, a college degree does not guarantee employment. The Career Resource Center will partner with you to facilitate the career planning and employment process.
As a student, your attitude, initiative, grades, internship experiences, volunteer services and willingness to travel and relocate are just a few of the factors determining employment success.
Seek assistance in the Career Resource Center to:
- Identify education goals
- Assess skills and interests
- Develop individual career plans
- Participate in educational support networks
- Prepare resumes and cover letters
- Receive assistance with job search
- Develop interviewing skills
- Post your resume online
- Participate in job and career fairs
- Experience job shadowing opportunities
- Learn business etiquette at dinners
- Receive job placement information and referrals