GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
This is a part time position (10 – 15 hr/wk) located on the Spencer Campus. Morning hours starting at 7:15 A.M. Occasionally may be asked to cover day or evening classes. Primary responsibilities are to assist students and to monitor television classes to assist the instructors and technicians in delivery of instruction during the academic calendar year.
DEPARTMENT: Spencer Campus
REPORT TO: Campus Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (% of TIME)
- Maintain a disciplined and professional classroom learning environment in cooperation with the instructor.
- Keep classroom attendance records and report to the instructor.
- Assist the instructor and Campus Director in an efficient paper flow between different entities involved.
- Perform secretarial and clerical duties of typing, filing and sorting.
- Proctor exams as directed by the instructor and/or Campus Director and report discrepancies.
- Duplicate materials for classroom distribution by making copies utilizing copier.
- Report technical difficulties to the instructor, Campus Director or technician as appropriate.
- Type, copy and process reports, forms and correspondence for instructors and other personnel of the Campus.
- Ensure the classroom is orderly and refuse removed at the end of each period.
- Assist instructors and students in administering make up exams.
- Substitute for other secretarial/clerical staff during absence.
- Attend orientation and training session.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to access, input and retrieve information from a computer for word processing, database information, and the mainframe.
- Be willing and able to represent the College in the most positive manner with students, staff, and the general public.
- Operate standard office equipment: typewriter, copier, calculator, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures, telephone techniques and office equipment, as well as correct English usage, grammar, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Read and understand written and oral instructions.
- Ability to efficiently perform tasks in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Meet and deal with students and staff in a professional manner.
Sedentary to light work. Position involves sitting most of the time; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, carrying, and repetitive motion occasionally (10-33%). Walking, lifting and grasping frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing, and viewing various types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). May be required to travel utilizing personal vehicle. Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
(Save document to your computer and fill in application. Re-save completed application and email as an attachment to Diane Friesner at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also print out the completed form and mail it to Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.) ***
*** NOTE: Applications must be complete, including Employment Application Form, Applicant Confidential Information Form, Letter Addressing Qualifications, Resume and Transcripts (if required). See individual job descriptions for instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Diane Friesner at email@example.com or 712-362-0409