GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: This is a part-time position (approximately 20 hrs/wk) located in the Distance Education Office on the Estherville Campus.
This position works under limited supervision. Primary responsibilities are to assist the Director of Distance and Global Education and the Distance Learning Specialist in the online student enrollment process, updating online courses, hybrid and eCompanion data in both the Iowa Lakes system and the ICCOC interface and working with student communication prior to and during each semester.
Organizational skills and a strong commitment to “customer service” and “student centeredness” are essential.
DEPARTMENT: Distance and Global Education
REPORT TO: Director of Distance and Global Education
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES (% OF TIME)
- Update fully online course, both shared and restricted, hybrid and eCompanion in the Iowa Lakes system and ICCOC LMS system.
- Assist the Distance Learning Specialist with student emails regarding registration and troubleshooting problems with hybrid, eCompanion and fully online classes.
- Assist the Distance Learning Specialist with instructor emails and phone calls regarding hybrid, eCompanion and fully online classes.
- Make copies, fax or scan documents for department.
- Follow-up with enrollment error messages and make all necessary corrections when needed.
- Contact students whose names appear on the At-Risk-Report in attempt to find them assistance in their online class(es). (tutoring, advising, registration)
- Work with television proctors at the Estherville campus to ensure adequate instructor, student correspondence and assist with television mail delivery when needed.
- Mail and track instructor contracts for online teaching each term.
- Responsible for requesting, receiving and maintaining instructor employment records. (ie. Transcripts, applications, resumes)
- Assist Director with details of annual conferences and workshops.
- Assist with the proctor orientation for any newly hired proctors and provide proctor guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to access, input and retrieve information from a computer for word processing, database information, and Datatel.
- Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, students, visitors and the general public.
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic in performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures, telephone techniques and office equipment, as well as correct English usage, grammar, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communications.
- Ability to efficiently perform tasks in an environment of frequent interruptions.
- Ability to assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Sedentary to light work. Position involves sitting most of the time; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, carrying and occasionally (10-33%). Walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing, and viewing various types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). May be required to travel utilizing personal vehicle. Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s Degree preferred. Prior experience in an educational program or instruction preferred. Knowledge of and experience working with online education desired. NCRC preferred.
SALARY: $10.20 per hour
FRINGE BENEFITS: Paid vacation and sick leave. Employee Retirement plan.
APPLICATION PROCESS: The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- All secretarial and administrative assistant positions are advised to fully specify knowledge and use of computer software programs.
- A copy of transcripts if applicable
Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy. Position open until filled; review of applications will begin July 18, 2014.
Application: Employment Application
(Save document to your computer and fill in application. Re-save completed application and email as an attachment to Diane Friesner at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also print out the completed form and mail it to Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.) ***
*** NOTE: Applications must be complete, including Employment Application Form, Applicant Confidential Information Form, Letter Addressing Qualifications, Resume and Transcripts (if required). See individual job descriptions for instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Contact Diane Friesner at 712-362-0409 or email@example.com