GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: This is a part-time position, 27.5 hours per week, located on the Emmetsburg Campus. Primary responsibility is to assist the Secondary Program Director. A sincere commitment to customer service is a necessity.
Department: Secondary Programs Emmetsburg Campus
Report to: Secondary Programs DirectorGeneral Job Summary:
Essential Duties / Responsibilities (% of Time)
Support the College’s Secondary Programs:
- Work with the director to assist in all Secondary processes and registration of concurrent enrollment classes.
- Data entry for registration of students and sponsorships for billing purposes.
- Assist with the Federal Carl Perkins Grant.
- Requisitioning and maintaining of various budgets in secondary programs.
- Serve as liaison between area school districts including the Career Academies.
- Perform secretarial and clerical tasks of word processing, filing, etc.
- Plan, attend and participate at all meetings, take minutes and send to appropriate parties
- Participate in orientation of students.
- Type, copy and process reports, forms and correspondence for Secondary Programs.
- Establish and maintain records and reports for Secondary Programs.
- Use a computer to enter and retrieve information and/or prepare correspondence, spreadsheets or databases.
- Reconcile P-card statements.
- Compile or prepare reports as direct by supervisor.
- Prepare and process student opinion surveys.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Represent the College in the most positive manner with prospective, former, and current students, staff and the community.
- Assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Establish and maintain good working relations with school districts, other College personnel and the communities.
- Ability to efficiently perform tasks in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedure, telephone techniques and office equipment, as well as correct English usage, grammar, punctuation and arithmetic. Read, understand and express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written communication. Sufficient ability to take notes at meetings and prepare an accurate record of events.
- Ability to relate effectively to a diverse group of students.
- Ability to fully utilize a personal computer and related software for publishing marketing materials, word processing, spreadsheets and databases. Prefer knowledge in Microsoft Office applications.
Special Demands: Sedentary to light work. Position involves sitting most of the time. Constant (67-100%) reaching, standing, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions and viewing various types of close visual work. Frequent (34-66%) stooping, crouching, pushing, pulling and carrying. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and 10 pounds of force frequently. Required to utilize personal vehicle for some travel. Will require flexible hours including weekend and evenings.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- All secretarial and administrative assistant positions are advised to fully specify knowledge and use of computer software programs.
(Save document to your computer and fill in application. Re-save completed application and email as an attachment to Amanda Schniebs at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also print out the completed form and mail it to Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.) ***
*** NOTE: Applications must be complete, including Employment Application Form, Applicant Confidential Information Form, Letter Addressing Qualifications, Resume and Transcripts (if required). See individual job descriptions for instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions and requests regarding application: Amanda Schniebs at 712-362-0409 or email@example.com