GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
This is 27.5 hour/week position in the Nursing Office at the Emmetsburg Campus. Under limited supervision performs secretarial and clerical duties related to nursing program daily operations. Confidentiality in handling student records and a sincere commitment to customer service is a necessity.
REPORT TO: Director of Nursing Education
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (% of TIME)
- Performs secretarial duties related to nursing program including word processing, filing, sorting, copying, and issuing letters.
- Initiates and maintains current nursing student database and rosters using Access, Datatel, and Excel.
- Creates and updates current room schedules.
- Answers inquiries or questions from students, instructors, and others regarding student admission status and triages calls.
- Prepares student paperwork for beginning and ending of each semester and program year.
- Maintains video, lab inventory and supplies for all campuses with nursing programs using Access.
- Performs secretarial and clerical duties and assigned projects for the Nursing program.
- Assist Director of Nursing Education with repeating and reentry student contracts.
- Processes paperwork turned into the Nursing Office.
- Creates meeting/lab/clinical schedule using other schedules that have been created.
- Maintains preceptorship database and files.
- Orders lab and nursing program supplies utilizing electronic ordering system.
- Substitutes for nursing program secretaries during vacations, illness, or other absences.
- Attends scheduled faculty/program curriculum/coordinator meetings as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic, and flexible in performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Represent the College in a positive manner with prospective, former and current students, staff and the community.
- Demonstrates ability to access, input and retrieve information from a computer for word processing, spreadsheets, databases (Access) and Datatel.
- Works collaboratively with Nursing Program Secretary.
- Requires thorough knowledge of office procedures, telephone techniques and office equipment, as well as correct English usage, grammar, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Demonstrates ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communications.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively perform tasks in an environment of frequent interruptions.
- Exercise good judgment when making decisions and deals effectively with problems.
- Possesses ability to multi-task.
- Requires a high level of accuracy and maintains confidentiality.
Sedentary to light work. Position involves sitting most of the time; exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, and carrying occasionally (10-33%). Walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing and viewing various types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance. May be required to travel utilizing personal vehicle.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalency required. A combination of secretarial/clerical experience or post-secondary training in an appropriate area equivalent to three years or an appropriate Associate Degree preferred. Word and Excel experience required. Access, machine transcription and note taking skills are beneficial. Must display good personality traits and be able to meet the public in a positive way.
Medical supplies and equipment familiarization preferred.
SALARY: $9.90 per hour
FRINGE BENEFITS: Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave. Employee Retirement plan.
The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- All secretarial and administrative assistant positions are advised to fully specify knowledge and use of computer software programs.
Position open until filled. Review of applications will begin February 12th.
(Save document to your computer and fill in application. Re-save completed application and email as an attachment to Diane Friesner at email@example.com. You may also print out the completed form and mail it to Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.) ***
*** NOTE: Applications must be complete, including Employment Application Form, Applicant Confidential Information Form, Letter Addressing Qualifications, Resume and Transcripts (if required). See individual job descriptions for instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Diane Friesner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 712-362-0409