General Job Summary: This is a part-time (25 hours per week) position located at the Emmetsburg Campus. Primary responsibilities are to assist students in the Admission Office and process paperwork with a sincere commitment to customer service.
DEPARTMENT: Admissions Office - Emmetsburg
REPORT TO: Director of Admissions
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (% of Time)
- Greet visitors and assist in organizing their campus visit; including giving campus tours.
- Enter and retrieve data and/or prepare correspondence, spreadsheets or databases.
- Answer telephone and perform clerical tasks including word processing, filing, duplicating materials, etc.
- Address inquiries on the telephone, via Email, and through personal visits.
- Perform various follow up processes to verify and confirm accuracy of written and computer data.
- Audit for incorrect catalog entry dates monthly.
- Identify and enter PSEO students and CBND students with incomplete information.
- Prepare and mail correspondence.
- Compile or prepare reports as requested by supervisor.
- Data entry of ACT scores.
- Forward copies of applications to coaches if prospects indicate interest.
- Provide verification of applicants at coaches’ request.
- Working alongside of the Success Center to process assessment scores.
- Enter prospect cards on prospective students.
- Create mail merge files; compose and mail letters.
- Create and update databases.
- Assist in training work study students.
- Provide computer assistance to professors who need to retrieve prospect information.
- Serve on assigned and voluntary committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Must be enthusiastic and energetic in performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Represent the College in a positive manner with prospective, former and current students, staff and the community.
- Respect all Iowa Lakes Community College stakeholders in the course of performing one's duties and in response to administrators, supervisors, co-workers, and prospective and current students.
- Access, input and retrieve information from a computer for word processing, database information and our administrative software system.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures, telephone techniques and office equipment, as well as correct English usage, grammar, punctuation and arithmetic is required.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communications.
- Ability to effectively perform tasks in an environment of frequent interruptions.
- Ability to assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Sedentary to light work. Position involves sitting most of the time, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pulling, and carrying occasionally (10-33%). Walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing and viewing various types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). May be required to travel using personal vehicle.
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume (optional)
- All secretarial and administrative assistant positions are advised to fully specify knowledge and use of computer software programs.
(Save document to your computer and fill in application. Re-save completed application and email as an attachment to Diane Friesner at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also print out the completed form and mail it to Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.) ***
*** NOTE: Applications must be complete, including Employment Application Form, Applicant Confidential Information Form, Letter Addressing Qualifications, Resume and Transcripts (if required). See individual job descriptions for instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions and requests regarding application: Diane Friesner at 712-362-0409 or email@example.com