GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: This is a full-time position located at the Estherville Campus. Under limited supervision, perform business office tasks related to the Continuing Education Office and Iowa Lakes Business Office. The successful candidate must be committed to providing exemplary customer service and effectively communicate with colleagues and customers. This position requires a detail-oriented person who effectively utilizes resources and is able to work in a dynamic environment, with multiple interruptions.
DEPARTMENT: Community & Business Relations
REPORT TO: Administrative Assistant to Estherville Campus Dean
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (% of TIME )
- Effective communication, answering multi-line phone system, answering College and Continuing Education questions.
- Assist students, Continuing Education, register for classes and reconcile completed classes.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Serve as a resource to direct calls or visitors to appropriate departments or personnel.
- Perform general business office procedures, such as scheduling, data entry, cashiering, and reporting.
- Notify students of the status of certain classes, workshops, etc., of waiting list priorities, cancellations, postponements, or otherwise provide updated information.
- Process and complete various reports required by different accrediting or state agencies. (Such as: year-end reporting for the Department of Education, Continuing Education.)
- Close the building at the end of the day.
- Serve on various college committees.
- Be available to work evening or weekend hours, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer for word processing, database information, and the mainframe.
- Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, students, visitors, and the general public.
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic, and flexible in performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures, telephone techniques, and office equipment, as well as correct English usage, grammar, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communications.
- Ability to effectively perform tasks in an environment of frequent interruptions.
- Ability to assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
- Ability to take notes at meetings and prepare an accurate record of events.
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Sedentary to light work. Position involves sitting most of the time; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, and carrying occasionally (10-33%). Walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing and viewing various types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). May be required to travel utilizing personal vehicle. Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Graduate or High School Equivalency Diploma. A combination of secretarial/clerical experience or post-secondary training in an appropriate area equivalent to three years or an appropriate Associate Degree preferred. Word processing experience required; spreadsheets, database, note taking skills beneficial. Must display good personality traits and be able to meet the public in a positive way.
SALARY: $10.40 per hour
FRINGE BENEFITS: Paid medical leave, vacation, and holidays. Employee health, dental, and vision insurance. Partially funded family insurance available. Employee life and disability insurance. Employee retirement plan.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Review of applications will begin September 1, 2015.
(Save document to your computer and fill in application. Re-save completed application and email as an attachment to Amanda Schniebs at email@example.com. You may also print out the completed form and mail it to Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.) ***
*** NOTE: Applications must be complete, including Employment Application Form, Applicant Confidential Information Form, Letter Addressing Qualifications, Resume and Transcripts (if required). See individual job descriptions for instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions and requests regarding application: Amanda Schniebs at 712-362-0409 or firstname.lastname@example.org