GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: This is a part time position (mornings, approximately 27.5 hours/week) located on the Estherville Campus. Primary responsibilities are to cook, plan, prepare and help serve meals for students, staff and special events including evenings and occasional weekends. A sincere commitment to customer service is necessary.
DEPARTMENT: Food Service
REPORT TO: Food Service Coordinator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (% of TIME)
- Plan, prepare and cook for students, staff and special events in a safe, sanitary, enjoyable manner.
- Knowledge of measurement equivalents. Able to follow recipes for quantity cooking. Able to utilize ovens, fryers, roasters, grills, stoves, cutting utensils, grinders, mixers, blenders, etc.
- Read menu to estimate food requirements for meals and ensure sufficient quantities are available.
- Serve high quality and nutritious meals.
- Ensure that tasks are completed in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Clean cooking utensils, scrub floors, clean equipment or wash dishes and pans.
- Serve food in cafeteria line as needed.
- Report equipment maintenance needs to supervisor.
- Run cash register as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Be willing and able to represent the College in the most positive manner with students, staff and the public.
- Must be an enthusiastic and energetic individual with the ability to meet and deal effectively and courteously with students, staff and the public.
- Ability to assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions and to verbally issue directions.
- Ability to coordinate other workers in a positive and effective manner.
- Ability to use common tools/equipment in food service area: stoves, refrigerators, freezers, grills, blenders, mixers, food preparation utensils, cash register, and other common items.
- Familiarity with sanitation and safety procedures common to food service areas and ability to implement same.
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Light to medium work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally. Position involves standing most of the time but also includes: stooping, reaching, handling, talking, hearing, testing, smelling, pushing, pulling, carrying and repetitive motion frequently; and balancing, climbing, feeling fingering occasionally. Subject to cleaning detergents, odor and fumes and inside conditions of heat and humidity. May be required to travel utilizing personal vehicle. Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
(Save document to your computer and fill in application. Re-save completed application and email as an attachment to Diane Friesner at email@example.com. You may also print out the completed form and mail it to Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.) ***
*** NOTE: Applications must be complete, including Employment Application Form, Applicant Confidential Information Form, Letter Addressing Qualifications, Resume and Transcripts (if required). See individual job descriptions for instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions and requests regarding application: Diane Friesner at 712-362-0409 or firstname.lastname@example.org