GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: Primary responsibility is to assist the Executive Dean of Students in the performance of his/her duties/activities and manage, direct and participate in activities associated with Student Services. Organizational skills, exceptional customer service and self-motivation are essential. Coordinate and schedule meetings with the Dean; process communication from the Dean to students, and colleagues; monitor budgets, maintain enrollment reports and serve as a liaison between students and the Dean. In the Dean’s absence answer inquiries or direct personnel to appropriate sources. A strong commitment to “student centeredness” is essential.
CLASSIFICATION: Professional Support
DEPARTMENT: Student Services
REPORT TO: Executive Dean of Students
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (% of TIME)
- Schedule appointments with the Dean and maintain his/her calendar, record meeting proceedings, filing, etc.
- Manage, direct and participate in assigned activities associated with student services.
- Process timesheets, requisitions, leave forms and other forms or reports submitted to the Dean’s Office.
- In the Dean’s absence, assist students, faculty, staff and visitors in answering inquiries or resolving problems.
- Process and maintain budget requests and enrollment reports using Datatel (network)
- Keep the Dean informed of campus events, incidents or occurrences affecting the welfare of students or staff.
- Utilize College P-card for purchases and reconcile monthly.
- Prepare agendas, attend meetings, take minutes and distribute accordingly for various college committees.
- Prepare communications from the Dean’s Office and distribute accordingly.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the Dean.
- Perform secretarial functions related to the Dean’s Office.
- Update and distribute college documents: housing manual and contract, student senate scholarship lists, advisor/advisee registration lists, count day deadlines, etc.
- Update enrollment reporting charts and trendlines
- Coordinate annual Clery Act Reporting process and submit report
- Assume the duties of other office personnel during breaks, illnesses, or vacations.
- Coordinate College 101 and other special campus and college wide activities hosted by Student Services
- Coordinate and/or serve on committees and teams as assigned
- Coordinate extended hours coverage/schedule
- Assign tasks to work study students
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Represent the college in a positive, professional manner with prospective, former and current students, and to staff and community.
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic and self-directed in performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer for word processing, database information, and the network.
- Ability to organize is essential.
- Ability to prioritize and balance the needs of people and the task at hand.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures, telephone techniques and office equipment, as well as correct English usage, grammar, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communication.
- Ability to efficiently perform tasks in an environment of frequent interruptions.
- Ability to assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
- Ability to take notes at meetings and prepare an accurate record of events.
- Ability to manage personnel and activities in a diversified work setting.
- Possess excellent public relations, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively within the business office team.
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Sedentary to light work. Position involves sitting most of the time; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, carrying, occasionally (10-33%). Walking, lifting and grasping frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing, and viewing various types of close visual work and repetitive motion constantly (67-100%). May be required to travel utilizing personal vehicle.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individual may perform other duties as assigned.
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- All office associates and administrative assistant positions are advised to fully specify knowledge and use of computer software programs.
(Save document to your computer and fill in application. Re-save completed application and email as an attachment to Amanda Schniebs at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also print out the completed form and mail it to Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.) ***
*** NOTE: Applications must be complete, including Employment Application Form, Applicant Confidential Information Form, Letter Addressing Qualifications, Resume and Transcripts (if required). See individual job descriptions for instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions and requests regarding application: Amanda Schniebs at 712-362-0409 or email@example.com