GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Full-time position (40 hours per week) at the Spirit Lake Campus. Primary responsibility is to assist the Campus Supervisor in the performance of his/her duties and activities. Assist in the coordination of personnel and preparing reports. Process appropriate paperwork. Compile and manage files for all college credit students and programs for the Spirit Lake Campus. Accept and deposit funds from students or staff for payment of bills and cashier student payments to proper accounts utilizing the Datatel system. Perform typical secretarial/clerical duties, answer telephones and greet students and visitors.
CLASSIFICATION: Professional Support
DEPARTMENT: Spirit Lake Campus
REPORT TO: Campus Supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (% of TIME)
- Use a computer to enter and retrieve information from the computer Datatel system or PC.
- Complete appropriate paperwork for student admission and registration.
- Perform typical secretarial/clerical duties of answering telephones, filing, typing, directing and assisting students, staff, and visitors.
- Assist students and staff with computer issues.
- Accept, receipt, and deposit payments from students and staff and cashier tuition.
- Coordinate scheduling of classrooms at the Spirit Lake Campus.
- Prepare purchase orders, requisitions and other forms.
- Prepare contracts for adjunct faculty, campus rental space, etc.
- Help to monitor online chats
- Assist the Campus Supervisor in preparing reports.
- Manage and order supplies and forms used at the Spirit Lake Campus.
- Ensure that equipment is in working order and contact appropriate people for service if necessary.
- Work with Campus Supervisor to coordinate events and activities hosted by the Spirit Lake Campus.
- Coordinate bookstore nights and book orders for students.
- Serve on Scholarship Committees
- Provide basic student advising, such as printing degree audits, retrieving passwords, and helping to navigate student registration system.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Represent the college in a positive manner with prospective, former, and current students. In addition to staff and community.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic in performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer for word processing, spreadsheet, database, and the Datatel.
- Ability to organize is essential.
- Ability to prioritize and balance the needs of people and the task at hand.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures, telephone techniques and office equipment, as well as correct English usage, grammar, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communication.
- Ability to efficiently perform tasks in an environment of frequent interruptions.
- Ability to assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
- Ability to take notes at meetings and prepare an accurate record of events.
- Ability to manage personnel and activities in a diversified work setting.
- Possess excellent public relations, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to supervise and evaluate staff in the Business Office.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
Sedentary to light work. Position involves sitting most of the time; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, carrying, and repetitive motion occasionally. Walking, lifting, and grasping frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing, and viewing various types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). May be required to travel utilizing personal vehicle.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered and all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
An Associate Degree is required with three or more years of experience in a related area. (A Bachelors’ Degree in a related area will receive added consideration.) Personal computer software knowledge and experience required. Experience with Datatel operation is beneficial.
SALARY: $12.26 per hour
Paid vacation and sick leave. Employee health, dental and vision insurance; family available with employee contribution. Employee life and disability insurance. Employee Retirement plan.
The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- Specify knowledge and use of computer software programs
Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy.
Position open until filled. Review of applications will begin December 20, 2013.
(Save document to your computer and fill in application. Re-save completed application and email as an attachment to Diane Friesner at email@example.com. You may also print out the completed form and mail it to Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.) ***
*** NOTE: Applications must be complete, including Employment Application Form, Applicant Confidential Information Form, Letter Addressing Qualifications, Resume and Transcripts (if required). See individual job descriptions for instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions and requests regarding application: Diane Friesner at 712-362-0409 or firstname.lastname@example.org