GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: On a part-time basis this position involves teaching the state approved 75 Hour Certified Nursing Assistant class. Class would be held at the Spencer High School from 8:30 am to 10:30 am, Monday – Friday. Starting immediately through June 3rd.
DEPARTMENT: Allied Health
REPORT TO: Long Term Care Coordinator
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Represent the College in a positive manner with prospective, former and current students, staff and the community.
- Ability to organize and present various curriculum concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Present oneself in the classroom and / or clinical setting in a manner that is acceptable and consistent with program and College guidelines, policies, and practices.
- Assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems, and exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, colleagues, staff, administrators, and other contacts.
- Read, understand and express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
- Possess strong human relations skills and ability to effectively relate to diverse personalities.
- Be a creative, energetic, and self-motivated individual with demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
Possess a working knowledge of personal computers and educational media equipment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must be a Registered Nurse with two (2) years’ experience as an R.N., with one of those years spent in the area of Long Term Care. Train the Trainer preferred but not necessary.
APPLICATION PROCESS: The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy. Position open until filled; review of applications will begin immediately.
Application: Employment Application
(Save document to your computer and fill in application. Re-save completed application and email as an attachment to Diane Friesner at email@example.com. You may also print out the completed form and mail it to Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.) ***
*** NOTE: Applications must be complete, including Employment Application Form, Applicant Confidential Information Form, Letter Addressing Qualifications, Resume and Transcripts (if required). See individual job descriptions for instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Contact Diane Friesner at 712-362-0409 or firstname.lastname@example.org