Associate in Science (A.S.) Career Option
An Associate in Science - Career Option degree is awarded to a person who completes a two-year career option program in a specialized field.
In addition to the course requirements in the individual program, you must fulfill the following general requirements:
Earn a minimum of 68 semester credits, of which not more than 16 credits may be vocational/technical credits used as general electives and which may not be developmental studies credits.
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or higher.
- Complete the requirements of the career option specialty (you may view specialties at the specific program page).
- Complete the 25 semester credits of general education requirements (see A.S. Career Option Degree Requirements at right for courses required)
A.S. Career Option Programs Available
(Beginning in Fall 2014, programs will be A.A.S.)
- Accounting Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- Aviation/Airport Management
- Business Administration & Management
- Computer Programming
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education
- Environmental Studies
- Graphic Design & Technology
- Human Services/Disability Studies
- Paralegal/Legal Studies
- Sales & Marketing Management
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Web Development & Design