At Iowa Lakes Community College, you can become a scholar-athlete and participate in your favorite sport!
We compete in the Iowa Community College Athletic conference (ICCAC) and the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA). The Lakers have had tremendous success at the regional level with teams advancing to numerous national tournaments. Our conference is regarded as one of the finest leagues in the country with a well respected, high level of competition.
Women’s athletics offers participation for about 90 student-athletes in seven sports: basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, swimming and volleyball. Teams benefit from an Athletic Training staff comprised of Kyle Norris, Certified Head Athletic Trainer and John Boehnke, Assistant Certified Athletic Trainer. A comprehensive sports medicine network (including orthopedic surgeons, chiropractors, doctors and dentists) serves all student-athletes.
- Volleyball has been to the national tournament five out of the last six years – highlighted by a fifth-place finish in 2010.
- Softball has advanced to the nationals in 2010 and 2008, finishing third in 2010.
- Cross country participants have consistently earned berths in the national meets.
- The golf team won a regional championship and advanced to the national tournament in 2009.
- Sixteen women were named All-Region performers in 2010-11.
- In addition, two volleyball players earned All-American status.
Laker student-athletes also excel in the classroom. Thirteen players were named to Academic All-Region Teams (a minimum of 3.0 GPA) in 2010-11 in the sports of basketball, cross country, golf, soccer and volleyball.
A priority of the athletic department is for you to transfer to a four-year college or university. Lakers have transferred on to NCAA Division I, II and III universities as well as NAIA Division I and II.
- The Lakers are fortunate to have high quality athletic facilities – both indoors and out.
- The Laker gymnasium, softball complex, the Christensen Building offering an all-sport surface with two full basketball courts and two drop-down softball batting cages.
- Iowa Lakes has a 40' x 42' weight room to support your strength and conditioning needs. This is in addition to our 10' x 20' athletic training facility.
- Swimmers are served with a six-lane, 25 meter indoor heated pool and dry land workout space.
- The Soccer field is one of the most outstanding facilities in the state including permanent bleachers, irrigation, permanent scoreboard as well as lighting for night matches. Soccer student-athletes also have use of an indoor soccer complex.
Come be an important part of the premiere student-centered NJCAA athletic program in the country!! Explore our website, give us a call or visit our campuses to find out more.