Infinity Scholars (National Science Foundation)
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL INFINITY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS!
(Please complete and submit your Infinity Scholarship Program contract to the Office of Planning and Development at 19 S 7th St, Estherville, IA 51334, or provide to a faculty mentor).
The Infinity Scholars Program is funded and supported through the National Science Foundation. The Program provides annual scholarships of up to $4,350 to nearly thirty students in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) students at Iowa Lakes Community College. Students accepted into the program must adhere to the following program requirements:
- Students must maintain at least a 3.25 GPA or higher
- Each student must sign and submit a program contract
- Each student received an Infinity Scholarship Passport with Program activity guidelines
- Students must remain in a STEM program (determined by NSF guidelines)
- Students must attend orientation, convocations, faculty mentor advisory sessions, and cohort study tables
- Students are also required to attend one or more of the following:
* Nobel Conference
* Iowa Academy of Science Conference
* Other STEM-related Conference Approved through a Faculty Mentor
* Undergraduate Research
- Freshman students must complete the Noel-Levitz Entering Student Survey and sophomore students must complete the CAAP assessment
- Students should utilize Iowa Lakes’ tools such as Optimal Resume, eCompanion for Research, and Career Ready 101 for future academic and professional goal-planning
- Each student must attend the end-of-year Capstone Event
Participants are selected based on academic excellence in a STEM program. Each student will gain experience, growth, and an improved educational experience through program activities designed to enhance overall STEM-student academic experiences. Project activities and assessments will increase the number of well-educated and skilled students to pursue a four-year degree or enter the workforce directly into an in-demand field.